Special Data Sets
QTM Catalog For Ridgecrest SequenceThis catalog accompanies the paper
Ross et.al (2019) “Hierarchical interlocked orthogonal faulting in the 2019 Ridgecrest earthquake sequence”, Science, doi: 10.1126/science.aaz0109
The columns are in GrowClust format:
- yr, mon, day, hr, min, sec: relocated origin time (columns 1–6)
- eID: event ID (column 7)
- latR, lonR, depR: relocated latitude, longitude and depth (decimal degrees and km; columns 8–10)
- mag event magnitude (column 11)
- qID, cID, nbranch: event serial ID number, cluster serial ID number, total number of events in this cluster (columns 12–14)
- qnpair, qndiffP, qndiffS: number of event pairs, P-phase differential times, and S-phase differential times used to relocate this event (columns 15–17)
- rmsP, rmsS: RMS residual differential times for this event for P- and S-phases (s; columns 18–19)
- eh, ez, et: estimated location errors in horizontal (km), vertical (km), and origin time (s; columns 20–22)
- latC, lonC, depC: initial (catalog) latitude, longitude and depth (decimal degrees and km; columns 23–25)
Successfully relocated solutions are indicated by column 14 > 1.
Note: the mainshock Mw 7.1 depth is poorly constrained in this catalog. We recommend using the SCSN hypocenter instead:
#YYY/MM/DD HH:mm:SS.ss ET GT MAG M LAT LON DEPTH Q EVID NPH NGRM
2019/07/06 03:19:53.04 eq l 7.10 w 35.76950 -117.59933 8.0 C 38457511 95 3210
If you use this catalog in your work, we ask that you cite the Science paper. Please also acknowledge the DOIs for SCSN and SCEDC as described below.
For additional questions, please contact Zachary Ross or Daniel Trugman.
Data and materials availability: The Ridgecrest QTM catalog will be publicly available from the Southern California Earthquake Data Center (scedc.caltech.edu). All waveform and parametric data are available from the Caltech/USGS Southern California Seismic Network doi:10.7914/SN/CI; stored at the Southern California Earthquake Data Center, doi:10.7909/C3WD3xH1.