Recent Earthquakes in California and Nevada
Click on an earthquake on the above map for a zoomed-in view.
- How do earthquakes get on these maps?
- Search Earthquakes Near You (Relative2Me).
- Map Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Brown lines are known hazardous faults and fault zones.
- Magnitude = ? for new earthquakes until a magnitude is determined (takes 4-5 minutes).
- Maps are updated within 1-5 minutes of an earthquake or once an hour. (Smaller earthquakes in southern California are added after human processing, which may take several hours.)
- Map need updating? Try reloading the page to your browser.
- Earthquake Lists
- Special Maps
- Related Links