Special Data Sets
Data Sets for Mw 7.1 Ridgecrest SequenceThe SCEDC has the following links and data sets for use by the research community studying this event. The SCEDC is also archiving and distributing waveform data from portable stations installed by the USGS shortly after the event. NOTE: The east and vertical channel names for the ZY data are swapped. This is reflected in the metadata as of April 15, 2020.
- Southern California Seismic Network (SCSN) Executive Summary
- Template Matching Catalog For Ridgecrest Sequence
- Accelerometer data from CI, CE and CSN accelerometer data for the greater LA Basin. (Fillippitzis, et.al in revision.)
Courtesy Egill Hauksson
These sites are shown on map as white circles (network code ZY
and yellow triangles with black outline (network code GS).
Data available through webservices or STP.
- Hauksson, E., C. Yoon, E. Yu, J. R. Andrews, M. Alvarez, R. Bhadha, and V. Thomas (2019). Caltech/USGS Southern California Seismic Network (SCSN) and Southern California Earthquake Data Center (SCEDC): Data Availability for the 2019 Ridgecrest Sequence, Seismol. Res. Lett. XX, 1–10, doi: 10.1785/0220190290 in publication.
- Ross et.al (2019) “Hierarchical interlocked orthogonal faulting in the 2019 Ridgecrest earthquake sequence”, Science, doi: 10.1126/science.aaz0109
- Kohler, M., F. Filippitzis, T. Heaton, R.. Clayton, R. Guy, J. Bunn, M. Chandy, "2019 Ridgecrest Earthquake Reveals Areas of Los Angeles that Amplify Shaking of High-Rises", in press, SRL Sept, 2020.
- Fillippitzis, F, M. Kohler, T. Heaton, R. Graves, R. Clayton, R. Guy, J. Bunn, and M. Chandy, "Ground Motion Response in Urban Los Angeles from the 2019 Ridgecrest Earthquake Sequence." In revision Earthquake Spectra Aug, 2020.